Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Running a Mile

Over the past few years I have wanted to qualify for the Boston Marathon. It has always been kind of on the back burner or something that would be cool to do. I have told myself I’ll start next week or I’m to busy to train for it right now. Their always seemed to be a reason for me not to do it. Needless to say i have started train to improve my mile time. It seems that I while have enough time to work on that distance and not feel overwhelmed.
Last night I tested to see where my mile time is at. 6.52 not a great time but it is under 7 min so i will take it because that is what i got. my laps were as follows.

lap 1 1.37
lap 2 1.47
lap 3 1.45
lap 4 1.42
total 6.52.80
My goal as of today is to get my mile time down to 5.30 ish. I feel like that is a good mile time for a 32 year old. I’m going to be running 4-5 times a week to work on this goal. The other part of this goal is to get my turn over speed to 180 steps per min. To help do this I’m listening to Kaizen Run Podcast by Caleb Scoville.

No comments:

Post a Comment